- Stats: 2219 0 0
- Author: Sara
- Posted: July 5, 2017
- Category: Platy Kitchen
[Recipe] Sweet potato, carrot and leek soup
This is a recipe for a really easy and super flavoursome soup that can be made in the evening and enjoyed over the next few days. The ginger, corriander and kaffir lime leaves give the soup a freshness that I find goes great with a summer evening. And the smell during the cooking is just amazing! 🙂 If you can’t find kaffir lime leaves, then a suitable replacement could be lime zest and lemon thyme.
- Cuisine: soup, vegetarian
- 1 sweet potato (mediium-size)
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 cm piece ginger
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- large bunch fresh coriander
- bunch of kaffir lime leaves (or use lime zest as an alternative)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1Peel the sweet potato and carrots, then chop them into medium sized pieces. Chop the leek and peeled ginger. Put everything in a pot, then add the garlic, coriander (but save some for later), kaffir lime leaves and some salt and a couple pepper corns. Fill the pot with water, so that it is just covering all the vegetables.
- 2Bring to a boil, then leave to simmer untill the vegetables are very soft. The longer you leave to boil the more the flavours will infuse, but 30-45 min should be enough. Leave to cool down.
- 3Once the soup has cooled down, blend it until smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve with some of the leftover fresh corriander.
- 4Note: If you want the soup to have a bit more of a kick, then add more ginger.